What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the process of optimising your website so it appears on page 1 of search engine results pages (SERPs), primarily Google as they have majority market share, for keyword phrases that are used by potential customers when they are searching for the products and services you offer. Being present on page 1 will generate free, targeted traffic to your website from Google.
SEO should not be thought of as a cost, but an investment which provides a great return on investment (ROI). SEO is also a long term strategy, you cannot expect results overnight but over a 6-12 month campaign you will not be disappointed with the increases in traffic you will see to your website.
Why is SEO important in the travel industry?
So you’re sat at your desk dreaming of your next holiday, when you’re ready to research your next trip where do you turn…? Most turn to search engines, every day over 600 billion searches are made and 97% of people prefer to find businesses online. In the travel industry specifically; 69% of travellers begin their search online.
70% of clicks on the 1st page go to organic (free) listings, the other 30% go to the paid adverts at the top of the search results. Users are often in a buying frame of mind when searching on Google and so conversions are often a lot higher than other forms of marketing.
In the travel industry the value of SEO is far more than being present on Google at the point of booking. Your travel customer’s journey to conversion depends on the ability to research, discuss and share information, recommendations and reviews online; 90% of customers check online reviews before purchasing. Search engines will be involved in the majority of this process.
What’s included in our SEO services?
We offer a consultative approach to our SEO services, which encompasses all aspects of SEO. Our services start from $1597 /mo and are offered on a monthly basis with a minimum contract of 6 months. You can expect your SEO service to include:
- Initial SEO audit and research
- Penalty analysis
- Keyword research and recommendations
- Initial benchmarking for reporting
- On-page SEO recommendations
- On-page SEO improvements
- Correction of website quality issues
- Monthly back linking strategy and implementation
- Monthly traffic and ranking reports
- Quarterly full SEO audit to ensure compliance with Google.
Contact us for a quote.
How do I know SEO is working?
Success in SEO means your site ranking on page 1 for your chosen keyword terms. Within 2-3 months you can expect to see your site ranking on pages 2-3 of Google. Ultimately you can expect to be visible for all your chosen keywords on page 1 of Google and hopefully in the top 3 positions. You will also see an increase in organic search traffic from Google to your website.
Your campaign will also ensure your brand is consistent and professional online with any work undertaken, through basic online reputation management.
How long does it take to see results from SEO?
The time it takes to see results will depend on which keywords you are trying to rank for and how aggressive your approach is to SEO on a monthly basis. It can take anywhere from 6 months upwards to see page 1 results for your keywords, this is why our minimum campaign length is 6 months.
It is important to note that once you have reached page 1 for your desired keyword terms you cannot just stop SEO activity, you have to maintain your position because rest assured your competitors will be working just as hard!
SEO works best when used as part of your marketing strategy and plan. You should consider using other complementary marketing tactics alongside SEO such as; email marketing, social media, Google Adwords, Facebook advertising, conversion optimisation and content marketing.
Why choose Deep Blue Digital for Travel SEO?
We rank on page 1 of Google for terms such as ‘travel SEO’ and ‘tourism seo’. We aim to rank higher for geo-specific terms like ‘travel seo specialist sydney’.
Our clients rank on page 1 for their targeted keywords, such as:
- ‘scuba diving brisbane’ (position 3 locally and nationally)
- ‘diving brisbane’ (position 3 locally and nationally)
- ‘travel agency australia’
- ‘business travel agents australia’
- ‘business travel management companies’
- ‘corporate travel agents sydney’
- ‘corporate travel services sydney’
- ‘travel agencies sydney australia’ (position 1)
- ‘business travel experts hills district’ (position 1)
- ‘travel companies sydney’
- ‘travel agencies in australia’
- ‘business travel agents north west sydney’
Click here to view case studies.